Copper Bonded Rod - Externally Threaded
Material: M. S. Steel
In a Earthing/Grounding system, the Copper Bonded Rod provides the physical connection to the earth and is the instrument used to dissipate current into it. There are two main types of electrodes.
“Natural” electrodes are intrinsic to the facility and include metal underground water pipe, the metal frame of the building (if effectively grounded), and reinforcing bar in concrete foundations.
“Made” electrodes are installed specifically to improve the performance of the grounding system and include wire meshes, metallic plates, buried copper conductor and rods or pipe driven into the Copper Bonded Rod.
Earth Rod is the most widely used grounding electrode. DUX offer a complete range of Copper Bonded Rod and Accessories to meet the industry needs.
Our Copper Bonded Rod Features:
– Perfectly bonded Copper Bonded Grounding Rod will lost longer, drive easier and will not crack.
– In Copper Bonded Rod, Copper purity is 99.95%.
– The Copper Bonded Rods is fully covered with copper cladding without any cracks, holes, cavities.
– Threads are rolled by roll threading process, which ensures that when copper covers is maintained, at the root of the thread, Roll thread gives greater strength than cut thread.
– Magnetic conducting rate is low. Thus reducing the lightning induction.
– Good tensile strength in Copper Bonded Rod, over 600N/mm2.
– Resist corrosion better than galvanised rods allowing for a 30-year service life in most soils
– Corrosion resistance while providing the lowest resistance to ground.
– Preventing exposure of the steel core to soil and moisture. The Copper Bonded Rod is suitably treated to prevent oxidation of copper bonding.
– The Copper Bonded Rod is capable of being bent 90 degrees at a maximum radius of 100mm with no copper fracture and with no ill effect on the bond between the steel and the copper cladding.
Thread rolling process raises the surface of the rod, so teat Thread dia. (T) is greater than Shank dia. (S).
– Copper layer is over 0.254mm (copper layer thickness can be on request, such as 0.10mm, 0.25mm, 0.100mm, 0.150mm, 0.200mm, 0.254mm etc. upto 0.850mm). Please note that 0.254mm is also known as 254 micron or 0.10mm as 100 micron but if our customer request for Standard Micron i.e 15-25 micron, than we also manufacture in standard micron)
|Rod Size Dia. X Length||Exact Rod Dia.||Thread Dia.||Prod. Code|
|9.5 x 1200||9.5||Unthreaded||DBR-912|
|9.5 x 1800||9.5||Unthreaded||DBR-918|
|14 x 1200||12||14||DBR-1412|
|14 x 1500||12||14||DBR-1415|
|14 x 1800||12||14||DBR-1418|
|14 x 2000||12||14||DBR-1420|
|14 x 2400||12||14||DBR-1424|
|5/8″ x 4′ or 16mm x 1200||14.2||5/8″||DBR-112|
|5/8″ x 5′ or 16mm x 1500||14.2||5/8″||DBR-115|
|5/8″ x 6′ or 16mm x 1800||14.2||5/8″||DBR-118|
|5/8″ x 8′ or 16mm x 2400||14.2||5/8″||DBR-124|
|5/8″ x 10′ or 16mm x 3000||14.2||5/8″||DBR-130|
|5/8″ x 4′ or 16mm x 1200||16||5/8″||DBR-312|
|5/8″ x 5′ or 16mm x 1500||16||5/8″||DBR-315|
|5/8″ x 6′ or 16mm x 1800||16||5/8″||DBR-318|
|3/4″ x 4′ or 19mm x 1200||17.2||3/4″||DBR-212|
|3/4″ x 5′ or 19mm x 1500||17.2||3/4″||DBR-215|
|3/4″ x 6′ or 19mm x 1800||17.2||3/4″||DBR-218|
|3/4″ x 8′ or 19mm x 2400||17.2||3/4″||DBR-224|
|3/4″ x 10′ or 19mm x 3000||17.2||3/4″||DBR-230|
Material: High Tensile Steel
Application: It can be used many times over and suitable for power hammering.
|Size mm||Prod. Code|
|5/8″ or 16mm||DDS-16|
|3/4″ or 19mm||DDS-19|